Conflict occurs at multiple levels and phases in an organization. There is always a tendency in people to disagree that leads to conflicts. The aim is not to avoid conflicts but rather to solve the issues smoothly.
Employers prefer conflict management skills because it avoids conflicts due to lack of communication and interpersonal uncertainty. Some of the types of conflict management skills include effective communication that is verbal and written. Emotional intelligence ability is also helpful where an employee can identify the emotions and feelings of the self and others. An empathetic employee understands the situation from others’ points of view. It helps resolve conflicts as people understand the situation and emotions of others. Creative problem solving is a crucial skill as the problems that arise need to get solved. It resolves conflict and problems which will lead the organization to its progress.
Let us glance at the strategies we can use to resolve conflicts:
– Identify the source of it and try to work on that.
– Find a place that is safe and comfortable for you to talk to.
– Listen to others and let people put their point of view out.
– Try to achieve a common goal.
– Agree on the best solution for both sides and take responsibility.
A successful organization deals with conflicts and comes to a solution that is best for the team.